Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Young Love

My 20 month-old daughter loves Alain Delon. Who can blame her, right? She's got great taste.  We rarely watch TV when the kids are home with the exception of the morning news while we get breakfast going. My daughter doesn't even seem to notice that it is on... until when a certain music comes on and the camera pans to Alain Delon beside a pool. It's a scene from the 1969 film, La Piscine also starring Romy Schneider and Jane Birkin. Dior has used the film to sell their Eau Sauvage. My daughter is completely sold. She stops whatever she is doing and like in a dream she just watches Alain. Afterwards she goes back to playing with her alphabet blocks.  A certain Guerlain perfum ad had the same effect on my son when he was that age.  



3 comments:

  1. How funny! Do you think it is the music that draws her to the ad? I remember my granddaughter doing the same thing. I thought it cute the way she immediately went back to whatever it was she was doing before the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to think it's Alain Delon. However, it most likely is the music that draws her in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Your definition matches with my own.hommes bijoux

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...